Automated Silane Monolayer Vapor Deposition System
Vacuum chamber cycle purges to dehydrate the product. The chamber is evacuated to low pressure and refilled with pure nitrogen several times to completely remove water vapor.
2. PROCESS STEP
Once cycle purges are finished, the UltraCoat pumps the chemical directly from the source bottle to the heated vaporization chamber – without exposing the chemical to moisture.
Chamber is pumped down to remove excess chemical. Vacuum/Nitrogen cycles ensure complete removal. Silane check ensures chamber is safe to vent.
With the added capability to coat surfaces with a wide variety of different organosilanes, UltraCoat systems allow engineers at companies of any size to configure UltraCoat for current and future needs with low cost of ownership.
- Options for single process module two load port EFEM, or two process module four load port EFEM
- Large capacity chamber fits up to fifty 200 mm or 300 mm wafers
- Coating temperatures up to 250°C with ≤1.5% temp uniformity and multi-zone control
- Up to 5 vaporization lines with precision mass flow and thermal control
- Remote downstream plasma generator produces reactive atomic oxygen species for removal of organic residues from the chamber
- Low pressure process reduces need for high operating temperatures that cause wafer warp and damage
- Superior chemical deposition uniformity; contact angle control within +/- 3 degrees
- Compatible with large selection of organosilanes including amino, epoxy, alkyl and chloro-silanes
- Integrated plasma chamber cleaning process helps maintain run-to-run process uniformity
- Eco-friendly, with significantly less chemical/solvent usage than wet chemical processes
- Apply ultra-thin, conformal, monolayer coatings of chemical adhesion-promoters
- Precisely control surface hydrophobicity for MEMS device and micro LED anti-stiction solutions
- Provide highly uniform acrylate or epoxy-type adhesive coatings and interface layers for optical and AR/VR applications
- For nanoimprint lithography (NIL) applications, apply anti-adhesion coatings to prolong stamping tool lifetimes
- In Life Sciences, apply silane surface monolayers for stable, covalent linkage between solid substrates and biomolecules, including DNA and proteins
- Thin self-assembled monolayer (SAM) coating for selective deposition in semiconductor applications